Services Offered by Other Departments
The mission of the Code Compliance Division of the Dixon Police Department is to educate the public on City Codes. With the cooperation of property owners we can reduce the number of abandoned and inoperative vehicles, unsightly accumulation of debris, junk and other defined nuisances. By enforcing the City’s Municipal Codes; property values will rise, quality of life will increase, neighborhoods will become more beautiful, and the City will be a safer place to live.
Frequent Code Violations
- 9.01.020 (A) Storing, keeping or maintaining weeds, dry or dead vegetation, papers or paper products, and other combustible and noncombustible refuse or waste.
- 9.01.020 (B) Storing, keeping or maintaining: vehicle parts; scrap metal; bottles; cans; wire; firewood; boxes; containers; wood and building materials no longer usable for their intended purpose; tools; machinery; equipment or parts thereof; or abandoned, discarded or unused household furniture or appliances.
- 9.01.020 (C) Storing, keeping or maintaining: rubbish; refuse; trash; junk; garbage; and other waste or discarded material, including but not limited to, the accumulation of asphalt, concrete, plaster, tile, rocks, bricks, crates, cartons, boxes, dirt, sand or gravel.
- 9.01.020 (D) Storing, parking, keeping or maintaining: wrecked, dismantled, inoperative or abandoned vehicles, on private property which are in view from the public streets or neighboring properties. The mere covering of a vehicle with a tarpaulin or other temporary cover or structure does not constitute removal of the vehicle from view. This subsection shall not apply to vehicle storage yards, automobile dismantling yards, wrecking yards or approved vehicle repair facilities when properly zoned for such uses or when such vehicles are actually in the process of being repaired and not being used as a source for parts.
- 9.01.020 (K) Any vehicle or portion thereof and/or any equipment located on private or public property or in the public right-of-way, or any nonresidential building or structure, being used for living or sleeping purposes except for travel trailers being used on property properly zoned for such use.
- 9.01.020 (M) The existence of any condition or use which unlawfully obstructs, injures, or interferes with the free passage or use in the customary manner of property, any public park, street, highway, sidewalk, and any other portion of the public right-of-way.
- 9.01.020 (S) The existence of graffiti on any building, fence, wall, equipment, motor vehicle, trailer, sign or other object on private or public property or in the public right-of-way.
- 9.01.020 (W) Storing, parking, keeping or maintaining of operative vehicles, boats, vessels, trailers or camper shells on any portion of a required front yard area other than the driveway or immediately adjacent paved driveway extension.
- 9.01.020 (X) Storing, keeping or maintaining trash cans, refuse cans, recyclable containers and/or other such containers in the front yard area or other visible yard area at times other than the day of collection or prior to six p.m. of the day prior to the day of collection.
- 9.01.020 (AA.) Maintenance of any tree, shrub or other vegetation such that it impairs passage along a public sidewalk, impairs the ability of drivers to see any traffic sign, impairs the ability of drivers to see other traffic, or blocks any streetlight.
Please call 707-678-7070 or email us with any questions you may have regarding the above Dixon Municipal Codes.